Users are getting below error when they browse website which is hosted on AWS.
Could not connect to the database: SQLSTATE [HY000]  too many connections.
AWS RDS database has Database connection limitations.
- Increase the database connection limit.
- Login to AWS management console.
- Go to RDS > Parameter groups > Select your database parameter group name
- Select and edit max_connections parameter.
- Change the value according to your requirement.
- You can also upgrade your instance to next gen instance type based on your requirement.
Default Values for RDS instances: