Steps to resizing AWS EBS volumes are mentioned below.
- Login to AWS console
- Go to EC2 console
- Select the instance.
4. Select the root device of the EC2 instance.
5. Click on root device and select the volume assigned to the EC2 instance
6. Select the Volume and click on actions > create a snapshot
7. Create a snapshot as mentioned below.
8. Select the snapshot and create a volume as mentioned below
9. Increase the size to 40GB (which will increase the IOPS to 120).
10. Go to EC2 instance and stop the instance (You will be attach the volume only after stopping the instance)
11. Select the root device > volume > actions > detach the volume
12. Once the existing volume (8GB) is detached, select 40GB volume and attach the to the EC2 instance
13. Assign 40GB volume to the EC2 instance.
14. Once volume is attached, start the instance
15. New 40GB volume is attached to the instance.